Today’s #TuesdayTip is a very simple tutorial to turn your die cut paper shapes into a 3D embellishments for your home decor, cardmaking or scrapbooking projects.
This technique can be used on many different shapes, it works particularly well on hot air balloons, butterflies and hearts. I even made a Christmas themed card using triangle bunting dies.
How to create a 3D shape using die cuts
- Cut your chosen shape five times.
- Fold two of your shapes in half creating a crease in the centre and stick two halves together – as seen in the picture below.
- Repeat with the other two die cut shapes
- Fix the die cuts together to make one 3D shape.
- Attach the fifth shape to the reverse to stabilise the finished shape
- That’s it. Now you can fix it to your project