Sometimes I love to spend hours working on a craft project, carefully and painstakingly building all of the elements until a work of art materialises. However, other times – and more often than not – I want a super speedy make that leaves me feeling super smug because I’ve created something spectacular in seconds.
I feel like I’ve won at life a little bit if a project looks like I’ve spent longer crafting it than I actually have. Anyone else with me on that?
This Christmas card is one such make. I originally made it when launching the Dovecraft Magic of Christmas papers on Create & Craft TV. I love how the collage effect paper in the collection has effectively done all the hard work for you. This is the only paper I used on the project apart from one small scrap to make the tag.
How to make this quick and easy Christmas Card……(scroll down for the video)
You will need:
- Dovecraft Magic of Christmas 6×6 papers (collage design and red snowflake pattern)
- Dovecraft Magic of Christmas gems
- Dovecraft Magic of Christmas accordion pinwheels
- Dovecraft Magic of Christmas stamp and acrylic block
- Ink pad (red)
- Twine and scissors
- Foam tape and double sided tape
- White card
- Take the collage patterned paper and trim to 14.5 cm square. Wrap twine around the card three times vertically and then the same horizontally. Secure in place on the back of the paper with tape.
- Cut a piece of the red snowflake patterned paper to 8 cm by 3cm. Cut an inverted V from one side.Cut a piece of white card to 7.5cm by 2.5cm and repeat the inverted V on one side. Stamp a sentiment using the Magic of Christmas Merry Christmas stamp in red ink.
- Layer the white paper on top of the red snowflake paper using foam tape. Fix to the card close to the point where the twine meets.
- Finish with an accordion pinwheel topper, three small green gems on the sentiment and three medium sized red gems in the top left corner.
- Ta da! Go and make a cuppa to celebrate having made a super speedy seasonal smasher!